Sunday Mornings at 9:00 & 10:30 am via Livestream & On Campus
Starting Sunday, July 12, 2020
What would make you happy? If God said to you today, "Choose any eight possessions you feel that will enable you to have a happy life and I will grant them to you," what would you select? Most, if not all of us, would not choose what is known as the Beatitudes (Matthew 5:1-12). Jesus opened His Sermon on the Mount with these character statements about the Christian. Each of these statements is preceded with the word "blessed." The word makarios is most often translated "blessed" or "happy." Therefore, beginning Sunday, June 12, in the morning worship hour, we will consider each of the eight Beatitudes as eight steps to happiness.
- Humility - The Way to Happiness
- Sorrow - The Way to Happiness
- Meekness - The Way to Happiness
- Hunger and Thirst - The Way to Happiness
- Mercy - The Way to Happiness
- Purity - The Way to Happiness
- Peace Making - The Way to Happiness
- Persecution - The Way to Happiness
Won't you join us on Sunday mornings at 10:15 am to hear Dr. Larry Gipson bring this series of messages? You will be most welcome!